Monday, July 18, 2011

Hamster Questions 10 points.?

Ok so I am going to be getting a male Winter White Hamster. I have had a hamster in the past and I got rid of him because he stunk. I think he was a robo or a russian dwarf. Any way, to get rid of the odor since I want to keep him in my bedroom, I will be putting baking soda on the cage floor, and then a layer of carefresh bedding. I will be putting 5 drops of vanilla extract in his water to help his urine to not smell so strongly of ammonia. I will be doing daily spout cleaning and once a week full cage clean. This mean everything is taken out cleaned in hot soapy water and he gets fresh baking soda and bedding. I am wondering if this will be enough to keep the odor down very low. I can't have him stinking up my room. And he will get a dust bath every other day to every three days. Will this be enough? I will be keeping him in a plastic bin ot see if he stinks if he does i am getting rid of him if e doesn't he get a nice hamster cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment