Monday, July 18, 2011

Guitar Distortion Pedals?

Hey guys, I am currently looking for some preferably high-end guitar distortion (or whatever is needed) type of pedals to get a few different sounds of music. I have a Dean Warbird and a Schecter Hellraiser Special C1-FR (incase you need to know) going through a marshall 100-watt amp (hoping to eventually upgrade to a half-stack, but ill post another question for that when the time comes). I have a distortion pedal, but it is one of those do-everything pedals that is electronic and doesnt specialize in anything in particular, and hoping to upgrade. I have saved up a little money, and want to get some new ones. I am in a band that plays rock (to appease to the bar setting that most of our gigs are at), metal and postcore/deathcore stuff occasionally (very ranged genre type, i know). I was hoping to get pedals that really make my sound great for all of those. If possible, I am hoping to get a pedal that would have great tone and crispness for classic rock, but with enough distortion to play modern rock. The second pedal I want is one that has great gain/distortion and would have the dark and very distorted (but not sooooo much that it is unbearable and undistinguishable) sound that bands like Attila/Within the Ruins would use. I would also like one (for me, not really for the band) that would have the right sound and tone for, say, Avenged Sevenfold type of songs, with lots of solos and preferably made to sound geat with drop D.......... I know this is asking a lot, but if you guys could compile maybe a list or at least answer to one of those, that would be really,really helpful....... Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment